The OmniPage was one of the very first optical character program that runs on personal computers. It came to exist in the latter part of the 1980s by the Caere Corporation headed by Robert Noyce.
In the year 2000 though, the Caere Corporation was bought by ScanSoft that was then bought by the Nuance Communications. The OmniPage supports 120 different languages.
What Does OmniPage Do?
In the simplest of terms, the OmniPage is scanning software. A power converter has the ability to convert any hard copy document or paper into a digital form. This digital form can then be indexed and searched.
This software makes users to process and reprocess their existing documents in formats that they need without compromising the original graphics, bullets, tables and columns, meaning that you do not need to type everything or go back to zero just so you could retain the originality of your documents.
Key Features of OmniPage
There have been many versions that have been released by the Nuance Company but most of these carry almost similar features.
- Performance – OmniPage offers better performance since it has improved its layout accuracy to 67%, the word accuracy have improved to 18%, and the processing on the multi-page PDF documents have increased to 30%.
- Scanned Images are better in quality and accuracy – The algorithms of OmniPage have removed the speckles and the dots from the images in every page.
- User Friendly Star Page – upon opening and running the OmniPage, you will be given clear instructions and options on how you can open and scan your documents thus making it easier for you to use it.
- Cloud Options – You can connect and convert your documents and it has additional functional in using the cloud service to ensure automatic back up and file organization.
- Language Detection – It automatically recognizes languages. It has dictionary support for alphabets in Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
Why Is It the Best on the Market Today?
With OmniPage, you do not only convert your paper, your PDF files into other forms you need. You can also send them to others; you can edit them from your own personal computers or laptops. This software is most beneficial when you belong to the academe or if your business is connected with encoding and the likes. This is the best software in the market that supports almost any kind of scanners and documents perfectly, thus maximizing the production process. You can now say goodbye to retyping!
Get OmniPage today!